Calling all writers. I want 2016 to be your best year ever, to stop thinking about making your dream coming true and start making it happen. Last January, I hosted the first Creative Monsters Challenge for this community, and it was nothing short of…
I mean it – 191 writers came together from all over the world to explore our creative fears, then figured out how to overcome them. That’s why I want to do it again, at no charge:
2nd Annual Mudpie Writing Challenge
Monday, Jan. 11 – Friday, Jan. 15, 2016
(We’ll do this in real time together, though it just takes moments per day)
SORRY! The Challenge is closed!
Why a 5-Day Challenge?
Since I started this blog in 2014, hundreds of writers have emailed me about your writing struggles, asked me questions about publishing, or just want to talk writing in general. Here’s what a few of last year’s participants said about their experience:
“I loved the simplicity of the Challenge. The posts were easy to read and brief. The exercises were focused and optional. That seemed to take the pressure off and it made them fun to do.”
“It was thought provoking and yet was done so that it did not take away a lot of my writing time. I also enjoyed the comments in the forum.”
“The Challenge encouraged me in a positive direction. I came out of it feeling like, “I can do this!” It was both the lessons/questions and the community.”
The purpose of the Mudpie Writing Challenge is to give you valuable information about creative fears, how to overcome them. We’ll learn from each other and grow together. It will be FUN, INFORMATIVE and NO PRESSURE!
What Will You Gain by Participating?
1. Valuable Information – Explore your writing struggles in greater depth. The more you understand your doubts and fears, the better chance you have to move beyond them. Knowledge is power.
2. Learn From One Another – This is one of the most POWERFUL aspects of the Challenge. We write alone, but different perspectives help us grow. I’ll have a private Forum for you to check-in everyday to ask questions, get to know other like-minded writers. Utilize this Forum as much or as little as you want. Nobody will be taking attendance.
3. Sign Up Now. Participate Later – Even if now isn’t the best time for you to take part in the Challenge, you’ll still have access to all this great information to review later.
4. Why is it Free? – Because I’m paying it forward. Different people have helped me along the way, now I want to help you.
Details about the Challenge
Dates: Monday, January 11 – Friday, January 15, 2016.
Focus: I’ll send a daily email with insights I’ve learned this past year books like Creativity, Inc., Big Magic, etc. A few of the topics will be:
* Explore your #1 creative fear (self-doubt, perfectionism, procrastination, self-sabotage, etc.)
* Find ways to make space for your creative fears.
* Stop seeing your fear as a negative.
Tasks – There will be a few easy, optional tasks to complete during to examine your writing struggles closer. Each task will be simple, thought-provoking, but NOT time-consuming.
There will be no ‘homework’ to turn in, so do NOT stress over this! For those of you who participated last year, this will be NEW information.
Private Forum – It’s the most popular aspect of the Challenge, sharing our experiences with each other. All the different perspectives about the same fears is eye-opening.
Since we’re doing this in real time together, I’ll CLOSE this group after January 11, 2016. Feel free to share this post with any of your writer friends between now and then. The more the merrier. Make 2016 your best writing year yet!
SORRY! The Challenge is closed!