I’m an award-winning author, speaker, teacher, 1:1 mentor, wife, mom and friend. I think stories are our superpowers because they show how we’re all so much more alike than different.
I love writing fast-paced fiction + inspiring groups or individuals to be the best version of themselves. I graduated with a B.A. in Public Relations from Baylor University in 1988. Mark and I have been married since 1990.
Click here to read more about my consulting (corporate or 1:1 mentorship). Click here to learn more about my writing.
10 Things about Me
1. I survived both a house fire and raising two teenagers, though I’m not sure which was worse.
2. My college roommate once said I become an inoperable wench after 9 pm (she’s right).
3. I met my husband on the bus to summer camp when we were 14.
4. It was a shock/joy when my biggest struggles became my greatest strengths.
5. My debut novel, Pennies from Burger Heaven, has 300+ Amazon reviews.
6. My non-fiction book, Transforming Your Stress, hit #1 on Amazon Hot New Releases.
7 . I think local coffee shops are heaven on earth.
8. Mark and I have been married since 1990. We have two 20-something kids out in the world, while we live on the rim of Palo Duro Canyon in Texas with a neurotic pug.
9. I like to get shit done (see #5 and #6).
10. I think there’s much more good in this world than bad.
BONUS: I THOUGHT our house fire in 2017 was the worst things to ever happen to me, but it ended up being the BEST THING to ever because it forced me to deal with problems that I didn’t realize were problems. Life. Is. Good.