I’m an award-winning author, speaker, and mentor. My passions are writing, connecting, teaching and inspiring. I write fast-paced fiction that pulls at your heartstrings, as well as nonfiction books to help people get unstuck.
I love working with groups or 1-on-1, empowering people to be the best version of themselves. I graduated with a B.A. in Public Relations from Baylor University in 1988.
10 Things about Me
1. I survived both a house fire and raising two teenagers, though I’m not sure which was worse.
2. My college roommate once said that after 9 pm, I become an inoperable wench.
3. I met my husband on the bus to summer camp when we were 14.
4. It was a shock/joy when my biggest struggles became my greatest strengths.
5. I help other people achieve #4.
6. My debut novel, Pennies from Burger Heaven, has 300+ Amazon reviews.
7 . I think local coffee shops are heaven on earth.
8. Mark and I have been married since 1990. We have two 20-something kids out in the world, while we live on the rim of Palo Duro Canyon in Texas with a neurotic pug.
9. I like to get shit done (see #5 and #6).
10. I think there’s much more good in this world than bad.
BONUS: I THOUGHT our house fire in 2017 was the worst things to ever happen to me, but it ended up being the BEST THING to ever because it forced me to deal with problems that I didn’t realize were problems. Life. Is. Good.