Click below on the retailer of your choice to buy Pennies from Burger Heaven.
(Copper Daniels Book #1)
◆ Is a family of one still a family? ◆
Copper Daniels dreams of living in a white house with red shutters and a dog named Sugar, but she’s just fine, thank you very little. Life on the streets isn’t so bad because she’s got Mama.
That all changes the day the girl wakes up to find her mother is missing. Copper can’t imagine a world without her mom in it, so she hesitantly braves the big city alone to bring her family “home.” In following the crumbs of clues, a terrifying story emerges.
To make matters worse, a mysterious someone threatens to end Copper’s search before it even begins. Soon, she’s running for her life. Buried secrets … family lies, will Copper live long enough to face the impossible truth?
Pennies from Burger Heaven is women’s literary fiction set in Remington, Texas. This fast-paced novel is Book 1 in the Copper Daniels trilogy. Fall in love with the unforgettable Copper Daniels, who will steal your heart, then break it in two.
BUY Pennies from Burger Heaven if you like women’s literary fiction, book club reads and family sagas.
· 2016 USA Best Book Awards Finalist, General Fiction
· 2016 Winner – Shelf Unbound
Series Reading Order:
· Pennies from Burger Heaven (#1)
· Bones and Lies Between Us (#2)
· Stars Among the Dead (novella)
· The Moon Rises at Dawn (short story)
· Beyond the Empty Grave (#3) To be released in 2022.
For Book Clubs. For Media Kits.
“Against the gritty backdrop of an inner-city ghetto rises the unforgettable voice of eleven-year-old Copper ‘Penny’ Daniels, offering poignant and heartbreaking insights into the horrors and trials of homeless life on the streets, finding heaven where you least expect it, and help in those you never thought to ask.”
– A.G. Howard, New York Times Bestselling Author of the Splintered Series
“At once disturbing and exhilarating, heartbreaking and heartwarming, Pennies is the story of an undying love between a mother and daughter. It grabs you by the heartstrings from the start and won’t let you go, even after you’ve read the last word.”
– Ken Oder, author of The Closing and Old Wounds to the Heart
“Debut novelist McKay infuses Pennies from Burger Heaven with wit, charm and moxie, so much so that the achingly beautifulness of Copper Daniels’ life sneaks up on you. All of this wrapped around a mystery that is fast-paced and rife with tension, with a satisfying series of twists. Can’t wait for the next Lost Souls Mystery novel.”
– Pamela Fagan Hutchins, author of the What Doesn’t Kill You romantic mystery series
“[Pennies from Burger Heaven] gave me shivers on the first page…[Marcy McKay’s] writing is beautiful and emotional, without being sappy.” – Frontiers in Writing
“Unputdownable.” – Texas Writers’ League Annual Manuscript Contest
* DISCLAIMER: This website uses affiliate links, and may, as a result, at times receive commissions for click-through sales. *