Why a 10-Day Writing Challenge?
Hundreds of writers have emailed me about their writing struggles, asked questions about the publishing industry or just want to talk writing in general.
The purpose of this Challenge is to give you valuable information about writing fears, direct access to me to answer specific questions, as well as to get to know other writers.
It will be FUN, INFORMATIVE , INTERACTIVE and NO PRESSURE!
What Will You Gain by Participating
1. Valuable Information – Explore your writing struggles in greater depth. The more you understand your doubts and fears, the better chance you have at overcoming them for more writing victories. Knowledge is power.
2. Free Coaching – I’m an award-winning short-story author and copywriter, as well as a freelance journalist. I’ve completed four novels and one screenplay; I’m currently seeking publication for my debut novel. I’ve been writing for almost twenty years now, and have learned how to slay my creative monsters to achieve success. I want to teach you to do the same.
In my pay-the-bills life, I’m also facilitation consultant who works with businesses and non-profit boards to work more effectively together, so I have a great deal of experience managing groups. I’m also a motivational speaker and radio co-host (my husband has a financial radio show in our area).
3. Learn From One Another – We write alone, but different perspectives help us grow. I’ll have a private Forum for you to check-in everyday to ask questions, get to know your fellow particpants and find a like-minded community. Utilize this Forum as much or as little as you want. Nobody will be taking attendance.
4. Sign Up Now. Participate Later – Even if now isn’t the best time for you to partake, you’ll still have access to all the information, coaching, private Forum, etc. You can then review the Challenge later when the time is right for you.
5. Why is it Free? – I’ve never done anything like this with MPW, so I wouldn’t feel right charging for it. Will I one day charge for something like this?
I don’t know. I want to see how this Challenge goes first. I’m ALL about small steps.
Details about the Challenge
Focus – We’ll spend 10 days exploring the top three writing struggles you’ve shared with me. I’ll send a daily email, concentrating three days in a row on this trio of torment:
* Self-doubt (Jan. 19 – 21)
* Perfectionism (Jan. 22 – 24)
* Procrastination (Jan. 25 – 27)
* Celebration! (Jan. 28)
There will be no ‘homework’ to turn in, so do NOT stress over this!
Private Forum – I am MOST excited about this because I think it’s powerful to share our experiences with each other. I will check the Forum a few times each day to answer questions, but it’s also my hope that you all with interact with each other there, too.